Vallejo, CA – The application period for a number of the City of Vallejo’s Commissions has been extended. Vallejo residents who are interested in serving on an advisory body are invited to submit an application and supplemental questionnaire for consideration.
The following seats are currently open:
- Architectural Heritage & Landmarks Commission (1)
- Beautification Commission (2)
- Economic & Vitality Commission (2)
- Housing & Community Development Commission(3)
- Human Relations Commission (4)
- McCune Collection Commission (2)
- Planning Commission (2)
- Participatory Budget Steering Committee (4 members / 3 alternates)
- SolTrans Public Advisory Committee (2)
With the exception of the Beautification, Human Relations, McCune Collection Commissions, and the Participatory Budgeting Steering Committee, and the SolTrans Public Advisory Committee, all appointed members must complete and file a Statement of Economic Interests, Form 700 within 30 days of appointment. All city commission members must complete AB 1234 Ethics training and file a Certificate of Completion within 30 days of appointment.
In most instances, to be eligible for appointment, applicants must be residents of the City of Vallejo. Information regarding the duties of each commission and specific criteria may be found within each application. With some exceptions, appointments are typically for a term of four years.
Applications must be received no later thanclose of business (5:15 pm) on Friday, June 25, 2021.
Virtual interviews with the City Council will tentatively be held sometime in July 2021.
Applicants must attend the interview in order to be considered for appointment to a commission.
Application forms and supplemental questionnaires are accessible in several ways:
- The City’s website, located on the City Clerk’s page under Boards and Commissions.
- At City Hall, Office of the City Clerk, 555 Santa Clara Street, Third Floor, by e-mail at email@example.com, or by phone at (707) 648-4527
- By Mail: Write to the City Clerk, City of Vallejo, PO Box 3068, Vallejo, CA 94590