City of Vallejo — applications are open for the following boards, committees and commissions —

November 15, 2021 / Comments Off on City of Vallejo — applications are open for the following boards, committees and commissions —


VALLEJO, CA – The City of Vallejo is requesting applications to serve on a number of the City’s boards and commissions. Vallejo residents who are interested in serving on an advisory body are invited to submit an application and supplemental questionnaire for consideration.   There are currently openings on the following boards, commissions, and committees: (click links to access applications)   Architectural Heritage and Landmark Commission (2)Beautification Commission (1)Code Enforcement Appeals Board (4)Culture & The Arts Commission (3)Marina Advisory Committee (1 at-large member)McCune Collection Commission (1)Sister City Commission (1)*Vallejo Housing Authority Board of Commissioners – Housing Authority Tenant Members (1)**Greater Vallejo Recreation District (1) SolTrans Public Advisory Committee (2)   *Applicants for the Vallejo Housing Authority Board of Commissioners must be a participant in the HUD’s Housing Choice Voucher Program at the time of application and one of the two tenant members must be at least 62 years of age or older.   **Applicants for the Greater Vallejo Recreation District must be residents of the City of Vallejo. Appointment is for a term of four (4) years.   For City boards and commissions, with the exception of the Beautification, McCune and Sister City Commissions, and the Marina Advisory Committee, all appointed members must complete and file a Statement of Economic Interests, Form 700 within 30 days of appointment. All City Board and Commission members must complete AB 1234 Ethics training and file a Certificate of Completion within 30 days of appointment.   In most instances, to be eligible for appointment, applicants must be residents of the City of Vallejo. Information regarding the duties of each board and commission and specific criteria for appointment may be found within each application. With some exceptions, appointments are typically for a term of 4 years.   Applications will remain open until a sufficient number have been received in the City Clerk’s Office.
City Council interview dates will be announced at a later time. Applicants must attend the interview in order to be considered for appointment on a committee or commission   Application forms and supplemental questionnaires are accessible in several ways: The City’s website, located on the Boards and Commissions pageAt City Hall, Office of the City Clerk, 555 Santa Clara Street, 3rd Floor, Vallejo, CABy Email at, or by phone at (707) 648-4527By UP Postal Mail: City of Vallejo, C/O City Clerk, PO Box 3068, Vallejo, CA 94590