Vallejo, CA – Applications for the City of Vallejo’s Boards and Commissions open October 1, 2020! Vallejo residents who are interested in serving on an advisory body are invited to submit an application and supplemental questionnaire for consideration.
There are currently openings on the following Boards and Commissions:
- Code Enforcement Appeals Board (1)
- Commission on Culture & the Arts (2)
- Economic Vitality Commission (2)
- McCune Collection Commission (2)
- Planning Commission (1)
- Vallejo Housing Authority Board** – Tenant Commissioners (2)
**Applicants for the Vallejo Housing Authority Board of Commissioners must be a participant in the HUD’s Housing Choice Voucher Program at the time of application and one of the two tenant members must be at least 62 years of age or older. In accordance with Health & Safety Code Section 34272(a), tenant commissioners shall be appointed for a term of two years.
With the exception of the McCune Collection, all appointed members must complete and file a Statement of Economic Interests, Form 700 within 30 days of appointment. All City Board and Commission members must complete AB 1234 Ethics training and file a Certificate of Completion with within 30 days of appointment.
In most instances, to be eligible for appointment, applicants must be residents of the City of Vallejo. Information regarding the duties of each board and commission, and specific criteria for appointment may be found within each application. With some exceptions, appointments are typically for a term of four years.
Applications must be received no later than
close of business on Friday, November 6, 2020.
City Council virtual interviews have been scheduled for November 30 and December 1 starting as early as 5:00 p.m. Applicants must attend the interview in order to be considered for appointment.
Application forms and supplemental questionnaires are accessible in several ways:
- The City’s website, located on the City Clerk’spage under Boards and Commissions.
- At City Hall, Office of the City Clerk, 555 Santa Clara Street, 3rdFloor, by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by phone at (707) 648-4527
- By Mail: Write to the City Clerk, City of Vallejo, PO Box 3068, Vallejo, CA 94590