January 9, 2020 / Comments (0)


The City of Vallejo is requesting applications to serve on the City’s Boards and Commissions. Vallejo residents who are interested in serving on an advisory body are invited to submit an application and supplemental questionnaire for consideration.

There are currently openings on the following Boards and Commissions:

*Applicants for the Vallejo Housing Authority Board of Commissioners must be a participant in the HUD’s Housing Choice Voucher Program at the time of application. In accordance with Health & Safety Code Section 34272(a), tenant commissions shall be appointed for a term of two years.

**Mayor Sampayan will make his nomination to the City Selection Committee. The Committee is comprised of the mayors of all cities within the County who make the final appointment.

Housing & Community Development Commissioners must complete and file a Statement of Economic Interests, Form 700 within 30 days of appointment. All City Board and Commission members must complete AB 1234 Ethics training and file a Certificate of Completion with within 30 days of appointment.

In most instances, to be eligible for appointment, applicants must be residents of the City of Vallejo.  Information regarding the duties of each board and commission, and specific criteria for appointment may be found within each application. With some exceptions, appointments are typically for a term of four years. In the case of the Civil Service Commission, appointments will be staggered per Section 2.26.030(B) of the Vallejo Municipal Code.


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *