VALLEJO, CA – The City of Vallejo is requesting applications to serve on the City’s Boards and Commissions. Vallejo residents who are interested in serving on an advisory body are invited to submit an application and supplemental questionnaire for consideration.
There are currently openings on the following Boards and Commissions:
- Code Enforcement Appeals Board (1)
- Design Review Board (1)
- McCune Collection Commission (2)
- Planning Commission (1)
- *Greater Vallejo Recreation District (GVRD) (1)
With the exception of the McCune Collection, all appointed members must complete and file a Statement of Economic Interests, Form 700 within 30 days of appointment.
All City Board and Commission members must complete AB 1234 Ethics training and file a Certificate of Completion within 30 days of appointment.
*Applicants for the Greater Vallejo Recreation District (GVRD) must be residents of the City of Vallejo. The appointment is to fill a vacancy and will expire on December 31, 2023.
In most instances, to be eligible for appointment, applicants must be residents of the City of Vallejo. Information regarding the duties of each board and commission and specific criteria for appointment may be found within each application. With some exceptions, appointments are typically for a term of four (4) years.
Applications must be received no later than
close of business on Friday, January 22, 2021
City Council virtual interviews have tentatively been scheduled for Wednesday, January 27 starting as early as 5:00 p.m. Depending upon the number of applications received an additional date of Monday, February 1 has been reserved for interviews. Applicants must attend the interview in order to be considered for appointment.
Application forms and supplemental questionnaires are accessible in several ways:
- The City’s website, located on the on the Boards and Commissions page
- At City Hall, Office of the City Clerk, 555 Santa Clara Street, 3rd Floor, Vallejo, CA
- By e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by phone at (707) 648-4527
- By UP Postal Mail: City of Vallejo, C/O City Clerk, PO Box 3068, Vallejo, CA 94590