Business Licenses and Permits

If you plan to start, renew or engage in any type of business within the City of Vallejo, you will probably require some kind of license, permit, certification or other formal permission.  Multiple types of licenses and permits may be required. Both State and local licenses and permits may be required depending on the type of business in which you wish to engage Before opening your business, contact the City of Vallejo’s Central Permit Center  to learn more about business licensing.

Small Business Development Center (SBDC)

SBDC provides small business owners with affordable and free small business local workshops, a 12-week small business entrepreneurial training program, a resource library, and free advice and mentoring.  They also provide free face-to-face business consulting and at-cost training on the following topics: writing a business plan, accessing capital, marketing, regulatory compliance, technology development, and international trade.


For over 50 years, SCORE has served as America’s premier source of free business mentoring and education. SCORE is supported by SBA, and with the help of the network of volunteers, is able to deliver their services at no charge or at very low cost. They provide volunteer mentors from 62 different industries, free and confidential business consulting, free online business tools/tips, and local workshops.

Property Assessed Clean Energy (PACE) California FIRST

The PACE program is a public/private financing program that allows businesses and multifamily residential projects to receive upfront funding for energy efficient, renewable energy and water saving improvements.  The funding from California FIRST would assist in completing the improvement project (s) and would be repaid through the property t axes over the course of up to 20 years. Commercial properties include all nonresidential properties, including multifamily building with four or more units and industrial.