VALLEJO, CA – The City of Vallejo and Solano County Public Health continue to monitor local conditions and circumstances associated with COVID-19. Solano County Public Health has jurisdictional authority over public health in the Solano County. As the global pandemic evolves on the local level, it is the City’s top priority to keep essential services available to the community and clear channels of communication on accessibility. For the most up-to-date Vallejo information, go to cityofvallejo.net/NCOV.
In an effort to protect our Firefighters, Police Officers, and Paramedics, we ask that if anyone calls 9-1-1 for any reason, to inform the 9-1-1 dispatcher if you are experiencing any flu-like symptoms.
The City continues to hold ongoing, internal briefings to assess the event, deploy plans, and advance phased response strategies. The City is prepared to activate the emergency operation center as the event necessitates.
Orders of the Director of Emergency Services
Under a local state of emergency, the City Manager assumes duties as Director of Emergency Services to preserve the Health and Safety of the local community. In this role, City Manager Nyhoff issued three separate orders today:
- Delivery Services for Defined Essential Businesses
- Limitation on Residential and Commercial Evictions Arising from the Substantial Decrease in Household or Business Income Related to COVID-19
- Curbside Delivery for Cannabis Retail Businesses
Beware of Scams
Times of emergency can become opportune times for scammers. A few reminders:
- COVID-19 test kits are only available through your medical provider
- Banks and credit card companies will ever ask for your bank account or credit card information, or full social security number over the phone
- Beware of phishing emails and messages on social media. Don’t go to the following site, Corona-virus-map[dot]com or app Coronavirusapp[.]site who claims to track the virus.
- Always ask for identification
- Do your research
- View a helpful video here.
Shop Local, Vallejo Open for Business
The Economic Development Division is gathering and updating business resources available in response to COVID-19. A Small Business Resources page was created here.
If you are a Vallejo business, open to the public for deliveries, take-out, etc. we want to help get the word out. E-mail email@example.com for submission instructions.
Shop local. View the Vallejo businesses open to serve the community during this time of need, available here.
Additional Resources & Information
- Visit the City’s website cityofvallejo.net/NCOVfor the latest information, including City facility closures and access to City staff.
- Community Mitigation Strategies
- CDC instructions for how to take care of yourself at homewhen sick
- Solano Public Health Guidance for Vulnerable Populations at High Risk for Severe Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)(en espanol)
- State Health & Emergency Officials released guidance to prepare and protect homeless Californians and service providers from COVID-19, available here.
- Requirements on Social Gatherings: Executive Order
- Vallejo City Unified School District: https://vcusd-ca.schoolloop.com/coronavirusupdate
- Visit the Solano County Public Health Facebook page (@SolanoCountyPH)
- Register for Alert Solanoto receive emergency alerts.